Sunday, May 29, 2011

Organizing

I have been busy, busy today. It's amazing what I found buried! LOL

My sewing room itself is not THAT bad... there are a couple of bad places. I hired a professional organizer about a year ago, and we took care of some things. I took "before" pictures then.






Here is what some of the organized spaces in that room look like today.

My books, magazines, and tote bags. (I need another hook for the additional totes.)

My light table (on left) and sink on right.

Magazines and TV.

Current projects.

But there is still work to do. Some of the mess still there as of yesterday....





Today, I tackled part of the unfinished portion of the basement ("before" pictures posted), which is filled with some craft supplies, some sewing stuff, and LOTS of other stuff.








Today, I cleaned up one corner of the room.....



... and created an awesome gift wrapping/shipping station.



The gift wrap is on the wall now, hanging on cafe curtain rods (an idea I got from a blog just this week). The plastic drawers hold scissors, Scotch tape, and packing tape in the first drawer, labels (shipping and return address) in the second drawer, flat-rate envelopes in the third drawer, and gift bags and small boxes in the last drawer. I hung a shop light above the whole set up. I also put down an old rug on the concrete floor. My boyfriend and I do a lot of eBay selling, so there is a scale and writing instruments on the table. The box to the left holds flat-rate tubes that he uses to ship fishing rods.

I'm also including a photo of my batting, which is FINALLY (4 years later) off the floor. I buy it by the roll, and I have long wanted to hang it.



Finally, there are photos of my system for organizing my quilting rulers and my painting supplies. There are no "before" pictures of those because those items were scattered everywhere.



I have found it's a joy to work in the unfinished space... easy to find the studs! And, I love my cordless electric drill/screwdriver :).

No comments:

Post a Comment