Thursday, November 14, 2013

My studio

Every once in a while, someone asks me to post pics of my studio. I am lucky. When I bought this house, I finished part of the basement into my ideal quilt studio. I have a 20' x 40' room in which to create. It has 30 electrical outlets, great lighting, and even running water and a sink!

Usually, the place is a mess, but this week, I cleaned off my big work table. Because that's such a rare event, I took a photo. This is a 4' x8' sheet of plywood covered in batting and muslin and then half is covered with cutting mats and half with ironing board fabric. I've had this table for at least 10 years. I replace the muslin and ironing board fabric every couple of years. It's bolted onto plastic shelves. I love it and couldn't work without it! (and, yes, the rest of the studio is still a  mess.... what can I say? "Creative minds are seldom tidy."

No comments:

Post a Comment