Sunday, February 12, 2012

Celestial Dreams

Anyone who is a fan of Laurel Burch will recognize this fabric. It's her Celestial Dreams collection. I found this quilt as a kit at the Quiltmaker's Cottage in Hershey last July. At my guild's retreat in the fall, I put it together.

Joe loved it and asked me if I could "make it bigger" so that it fit our bed. I went back to the shop the week after Christmas and bought more fabric. I added a border of sawtooth stars and an 8-inch (rather than the 6-inch border called for) and now it fits our bed. I finished yesterday. (We have a waterbed, and when I make quilts, I don't make them with a drop.)





Biloxi "inspected" it while I was putting on the binding. I include this photo so you can see the awesome multi-color star fabric I used on the back.


We love it! A perfect quilt for beating the blahs of January/February!

~Patti


5 comments:

  1. Great job! Love the extra sawtooth stars, it adds a lot of interest. And so glad that Biloxi approves, whew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, the entire quilt (and inspector) is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great quilt...well done! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice quilt! I'm sure if I have that one, my cats would have a great sleep especially at nigh!

    ReplyDelete